Stardew Valley fans will be celebrating this evening as the long-awaited 1.5 update is available today on the Nintendo Switch platform. We have included the full patch notes down below (thanks to the official Stardew Valley blog) and as you can see it is a massive update to the already immensely entertaining and addictive farming sim. New features include local split-screen multiplayer, the beach farm, a tough dungeon to beat, more fish to catch, new furniture items, new events, and much, much more. Check out the lengthy patch notes below!
New world area
1.5 adds an entire new region of the world, Ginger Island (part of the Fern Islands):
- Added new locations, dialogue, events, minigames, puzzles, and a quest line involving multiple NPCs.
- Added Leo, a new NPC with his own backstory, plot line, events, etc.
- Added new secondary NPCs: Birdie, Gourmand Frog, and Professor Snail.
- Added a volcano dungeon which changes each time you visit it similar to the mines.
- Added Qi challenges which unlock rare or unique items.
- Added an unlockable island farm and farmhouse area, where you can plant crops in any